Friday, May 25, 2012

Weight for it....

Before our wedding last July, I lost 20 lbs. Something about fitting in a wedding dress and looking better in pictures is GREAT motivation to buckle down and eat better. I did it all by simply watching what I ate - I hardly exercised at all! The biggest thing for me was this site: myfitnesspal.com.

Seriously, best site EVER. I am noo good at counting calories myself, but on this site I put in exactly what I ate (this morning it was 1 medium baked potato and 1 egg, plus some coffee). I put in how much, and then it tells me how many calories, carbs, grams of fat, protein, and sodium. Its awesome. It gives me a daily total based on a goal I set and I watch my calories add up. It helps me keep track of what I'm eating. The hardest part of this site (for me anyway) is honesty. I'm an honest person - but it is really hard for me to put EVERYTHING  I eat into this site. This morning, I put creamer in my coffee. 30 calories worth of creamer. WHY?! Why would I waste 30 calories on creamer? (Okay, so the chocolate creamer did my coffee rrreeeaaallllyyy tasty). Forcing myself to be honest and seeing the results really IS why this site works for me. It forces me to see what things I'm doing are good for me, and which things, well, aren't.

Also, I can put in exercise and it gives me calories back (magic!). Through my first weight loss journey I didn't exercise -- now, my body is telling me that exercise is necessary. Watching what I eat just isn't cutting it anymore. Sooo, here's to yoga (which I've always loved - I just don't do it consistently enough to count), walking, and *jogging (slowly, a little at a time, and eventually...).

I was successful the first time I set out to weight and it felt sooo good. Unfortunately, I gained more than I care to admit back. :(. It's time for it to go away again. AND I'm hoping myfitnesspal.com can help me again! Check it out - myfitnesspal.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment