Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day

Robbie and I bought Mother's Day presents today :). I LOVE buying gifts for people - especially people I love! I am soo blessed to have wonderful women in my life! My mom is a beautiful person all the way around - I can tell her anything and always know she'll be there for us. She has always supported Heather, Isaac, and I. I have never once doubted the fact that she is 100% on my side no matter what. That doesn't mean I've always seen eye to eye with her. She said "no" in one way or another plenty of times - often to keep me safe, out of trouble, or on the right track. She made me clean my own room. And help dust the house. And help wash dishes. And sweep porches. And because of those teachable moments I know how to keep a clean house, how to cook (okay, I'm still working on that one...), how to plant flowers, etc. She has taught (and continues to show by example) how to be a great wife, and wonderful friend, sister, daughter, aunt, mom, and Christian woman. She is amazing. She constantly reminds me of the virtuous woman in Proverbs 31 - she keeps our family, our lives, running smoothly and we all owe her a lot!

A mom as great as mine makes me luckier than a lot of people - so I consider myself very blessed to have more wonderful women in my life. I have a Grandma who spoils me be on belief - and spoils my hubby too! She is, perhaps, the rock of our family - the center of many, many things. I have lots of Aunts that are wonderful people, especially my great aunt, Aunt Dolly who is like another Grandmother to us. Aaaannnd, this Mother's Day, for the first time, I have a Mother-In-Law. There are definite benefits to marrying someone who's parents are awesome! ;). My In-Laws do so much for us and are always ready to come when we call.

I have wonderful women to emulate - all people who daily teach me more about how godly women should be - and I love them for that! :) If you haven't read Proverbs 31 lately - check it out !

Soooo, here are my gift ideas this Mother's Day --- what things did YOU think of?
Flowers with pretty glass birds sitting in the pots for my Grandma and Aunt Dolly :)

I found these for sale on Etsy ... card decks "52 reasons I love you"  -- they are great!

We did these for both mom's -- 52 reasons, one for each card in the deck!



No comments:

Post a Comment