Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Patience

....is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. I cannot tell you how many times I have repeated those words in my head lately! Patience is (apparently) very hard for me ... who knew?!

It has always been my dream to come home and teach at St. James. This is home, and home is so important to me. However, earlier it started looking like St. James might not have a position for me this year. I started pursuing other options (other districts) - and I literally shed some "letting go of that dream" tears. I have been really working hard at putting things into God's hands and determining to be happy in whatever path I ended up following.

After some interviews, I put on my Facebook status that a job offer would make a great birthday present (My birthday is Wednesday) - but turns out, early birthday presents are the BEST kinds of presents! Some very lovely ladies called me in on Friday to offer me a spot as a teacher at St. James and I couldn't be happier!! Granted, I have to wait to get "board approved" ... but *hopefully* that won't be a problem.

I'm signed on for 2nd grade which will be a new adventure for me ... but it is such a relief to know I have a spot, a job, and a paycheck coming in the fall. I am so excited, and THANKFUL, for this opportunity. I cannot wait to come home and teach - LWJE is a special place filled with wonderful people, and now I get to be a part of it. I am so in love with the future and so thankful for all the blessings God gives!

Psalm 100 - Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before his presence with singing. Know the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment