Tuesday, May 22, 2012

All Because Two People...

In June, my grandparents will have been married 50 years. 50 years! Amazing.

We are in the middle of planning a part/get together for them. Lots of family, friends, and cake involved. Today's project was working on a slideshow. My mom, sister, and I spent 3 or 4 hours looking through albums, scanning pictures, and arranging a slideshow. We have a lot left to do! 50 years + 4 kids + 7 grandkids + brothers, sisters, nieces, and nephews = LOTS of pictures to sort through. And, scanners are slow - which is okay, because it provided me lots of "chit-chat" time with my momma and Heather! We make a great slideshow making team and I love them both so very much!
This is a picture from my wedding day (and yes, I copied it right out of my  album so sorry for the quality). 

I'm sure closer to the party I will do another post about my grandparents. 50 years is a long time. My grandparents are awesome. They are inspiring. If Robbie and I can be half as great as them, we will be doing awesomely. They are the reason for this: 

That's my moms side of the family (trust me, it looks better in the album).  But look at that smiling family!



I can't wait to share more with you about my grandparents. Trust me, through this party planning process I'm sure you'll hear about them again! For now, know that my grandparents are great - just ask anybody. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment