Saturday, September 17, 2022

A Driving Faith

One day as we drove through town, the stoplight turned red. As I slowed down to stop, the car behind us got a bit closer than usual and my kiddo riding in the very back expressed concern. 

"How do you *know* the other cars will stop anyway, mom?" She asked.

The answer was ... I don't *know* that they will, but I sure hope that they do. 

In fact, every time I climb behind the wheel Im putting a lot of faith in people. Faith that they will stay on their side of the road. Faith that they'll obey traffic laws. Faith that they'll pay attention and be focused. Faith that they'll react predictably and we'll to unforseen situations. 

I put my faith in these strangers every day. 

I put my faith in these humans whom I know get distracted and make mistakes. 

If we can have faith that other drivers, imperfect as humans are, can be good drivers ... Why do we sometimes struggle to have complete faith in God?

Perfect God. Who doesn't get distracted. Who doesn't make mistakes. Who doesn't have road rage. Who won't let us down. More assuredly than we can trust any other human, we can have complete and total faith in Him. 

How do I know those other drivers will stop when they're supposed to? I don't. But I have faith that my God is with me, and all around me. So whether the other cars stop or don't stop, He will carry me through.



No comments:

Post a Comment