Monday, November 16, 2020

Water Droplets

I've always loved Rainbows. What's not to love? However, aside from seeing them as a beautiful display of God's wonder and promise, I can't say I've ever given them a ton of thought. 

Until.

Saturday the girls and I were on our way home when we saw the most beautiful rainbow. It's the most vibrant one I remeber seeing and the picture I pulled over to take does not do it justice. 


It was actually a double rainbow - a beautifully vibrant and complete rainbow with a barely visible, larger rainbow above it. The girls sat and just stared at it for as long as I was pulled off the road. And, in true drama fashion, Raina cried when we turned away from it and she couldn't see it anymore, and Lydia had 18billion questions.

And, so, when we got home, we looked up rainbows. 

.               (https://scijinks.gov/rainbow/)

I guess I've known for a long time what "made" a rainbow, but somehow, looking at the explanation with Lydia, I noticed something different. 

You see, I've often seen quotes about being a rainbow of hope for people ... Spreading joy, all that. And I want to do that. BUT some days, let's face it, "be a rainbow" may feel like an awfully big task. 

So, here's the good news: I don't actually need to be the rainbow. Instead, I simply need to be the water droplet. 

You see, God's light shines. Regardless of me. Despite me. Inspite of me. But if I can act as a water droplet ... If I can let His light come through me and reflect out in beautiful, eye catching colors ... Well, then maybe I can do my part to help spread the light of God. 

I don't have to be the whole rainbow. I shouldn't even try to be the rainbow. God just needs me to be a water droplet for His light to find. 

No comments:

Post a Comment