Sunday, November 22, 2020

Quiet Love

I know this world is crazy, but my sister crocheted me a tiny Christmas tree for my desk at school to bring me a little joy, and it is my students most favorite thing to comment on. 

There are embarrassing moments, but a sweet man at church held the door for me so that I could carry my fit throwing 3 year old through it with only a gentle smile and an understanding glint in his eye.

There are a million things to fill out eyes and brains with, but my friend texts me scriptures to dwell on instead. 

My family has their own commitments, yet they are willing to drop or shuffle things to help me, and my daughters, every time. 

My husband works hard all day, but he often makes dinner so I don't have to when he knows my day has been long.

The music teacher at school has a ton going on in this crazy "covid year" of teaching, but she made room in her world to start Lydia on piano lessons. 
 
We all have  800 directions to go and things to do, but my coworkers consistently offer me coffee and a copy of a neat project they found and thought worth sharing. 

There are hardships and bummers, but my Facebook news feed is full of stories of people making "porch drops" of goodies for friends who are quarantined. 

The world may be full of craziness and unsettled times, but it's also full of new ways, and renewed efforts to stay connected. It's full of people taking care of other people. 

So, this Thanksgiving week, I'm extra thankful for all the people just quietly loving on those around them. Even when it feels unnoticed or taken for granted ... It's not. It's difference making. It's powerful. It's building our world up every time. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment