Thursday, April 4, 2013

Some Days

Any day you say "Please get that pencil out of your ear." "Did you just pull your tooth out?" "Don't put the pencil up your nose!" "Go to the sink so you're not getting blood on the table!" and "Hello, dear principal, yes, please come on in to observe me" all in one breath, you know it is going to be a fantastic day.

Or something.

Seriously, my kids have been AWESOME lately -- so there was bound to be a setback eventually! And really, I don't know that yesterday was THAT bad or if it just felt THAT bad becasue my kids have been spoiling me lately. And I was super tired. And I got observed. Regardless, it felt pretty awful! But, some things are simply out of my control -- like teeth falling out in the middle of my lesson. Ha! SO, what do you do, except keep plugging along, share a smile with the principal (who thankfully knows the group of students you have), and make it through the day as productively as possible.

And then go home and crash on the couch to re-coup before church.

Except I didn't do that this time! Instead I went home and did day 2 of the Couch to 5k program. Whoa buddy.

I love to exercise ... in random spurts. I love the idea of being fit and able to do things like run. I love the idea of dropping several pounds. I love the idea of it ... I just tend to get sidetracked a lot! And to busy! And over committed! .....And by that I mean, while I like the idea of working out, I really prefer to be lazy  --- and I really love to eat food.

So, being fit sometimes takes a back burner to that *insert blush here*.

BUT, with summer coming up, and a vacation with the family, and all kinds of lovely things like that --- I started the couch to 5k program ... and I am *fully intending to* stick with it!  Because, well, I want to be a runner! So, heres to making exercising last more than a week this time ;).

Because honestly, after I jogged instead of sitting on the couch for that 30 minutes, I didn't feel physically better, but I didn't feel worse either ... well, except for the aching in my legs. And regardless, it really did help my mind get clear enough to stop stressing about school and focus at church! So lets call it a win ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment