Monday, April 15, 2013

Prayers

I was going to write an awesome blog post ... but as I sit here with my computer, I am to distracted by the news to focus, so you're getting this instead.

What happened today was horrible. Terrible. Sad. Unexplainable. Horrific. Scary. Heartbreaking. Use any word you want ... it was awful.

There are pictures, tweets, facebook .... the Boston Marathon tragedy (as I'm sure it will be remembered) is everywhere you look. How horrible is it that such an event; an athletic, fun, upbeat, competitive event could turn so tragic in the blink of an eye?

What is important is this: there are times when all we can do is pray. And help in any way we can - donate (blood? money? time?). But mostly pray. And then pray more. Pray for healing, for understanding, for wisdom, for calm -- just pray. Pray for a nation who desperately needs God. Pray for a people who do not even know how badly they need God. And then pray more.

It will be interesting to watch the investigation. I am as curious as the next person as to who was behind the bombing. But will knowing the "who" help me understand the "why"? ...no. Will knowing the "who" (or even the who and why) ease the pain of those suffering? ...no. But God can ease the pain. And so, pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment