Monday, January 7, 2013

Comma, Comma, Comma

Comma's are boring. Okay, so I might love them a lot (to the point where I fight the urge to overuse them!). They let me list lots and lots of things (and I dddooo love to make lists!). They tell me when a good spot to breath is when I'm reading or singing. Lots of great things about commas!

But when you are a 4th grader who struggles with reading and writing, commas are boring. Scary, even!

White boards, however, are neither boring or scary. They are actually quite a lot of fun!

Enter: Comma boards!!

Nothing all that special - just giant construction paper commas that are laminated so kids can write on them with dry-erase markers! Awesomeness in comma form. =). 

I made a simple, quick power point complete with "quiz questions" about commas - we will play it as a game. Kids will write their answer choice on their comma board and hold it up on the count of three. Whoever gets it right will get a point - person/people with the most points at the end will win (a round of applause and maybe a piece of candy!). Short. Sweet. Simple. Better than just lecturing on commas for sure! Then, a quick 5 question quiz to make sure we got the jest of commas! :)

                                            Enjoy - Power Point and Comma Quiz

No comments:

Post a Comment