Monday, July 16, 2012

One year

One year ago today  I had the cutest flower girl:
The best ring bearer:
The most awesome wedding party:
And my favorite guy in the world waiting for me at the end of the aisle.
I also had a huge number of family and friends around, the best daddy in the world to walk me down the aisle, and a great photographer. Bbbuuttt, if I put pictures of all that we'd be here all day -- so instead you'll just have to take my word for it that it was the most perfect day imaginable and it was wonderfully documented by the awesome photographer.

Our first year together has been the most perfect as well. It has flown by! Sure we've had "figuring this living together thing out" moments (we're still working on whether the toilet seat should be left up or down - ha!) Hes taken care of me when I was sick, put up with me when I was stressed through student teaching, and embraced my family. Being introduced as "wife" still sounds weird to me. Saying "my husband" is still strange. But its absolutely wonderful. We have had tons of fun together and I am so excited about our future. I know there are more challenges ahead - for one thing, he is about to see me as a first year teacher (which is going to be a huge adjustment for both of us time wise!). But I know we'll get through each new circumstance with love, dedication, and God! Here's to lots more years together.... :)

2 comments:

  1. You guys are amazing!!! Have a great next year (even with first year teaching). Don't get to stressed and have many date nights, they help, even if its a romantic dinner at home.

    ReplyDelete