Friday, July 6, 2012

Beginnings

I can get in my classroom! yay! =)

I know I won't *always* be this excited about setting up a classroom, but this time around - I am thrilled. Thanks to help from my awesome mom and sister, I have my furniture arranged (except for the 4 extra desks I am going to have to get if all of my students want a place to sit down...), my closet cleaned out and organized, aanndd my classroom library ready to go.

Seriously, my mom and sister are awesome. Without them I would have spent MUCH more time standing in the middle of the room too busy being completely overwhelmed to even start. I was gifted a LOT of things (they were left in the room) which is a huge help since I haven't had time to accumulate much ... but it is also a LOT to go through. SO MANY BOOKS. oh my goodness. Heather kept saying "here's another stack of books ... here's another one...." we sorted through TONS of them! And it is DONE now. Well, except for this table:

I know Tina and Julie (the other Comm Arts teachers) will be super excited to hear that this pile is waiting for them to come look at! It's all books that either are a bit outdated, not in good shape, or I had 2 or 3 copies of and only kept one. I just want the other teachers to make sure I'm not getting ready to part with something I should really be keeping! That is a fraction of the books I started with. The rest are all prettily on shelves and organized -- I'll do pictures of that later!

Now, here comes the point in the blog post where I ask you to *try* not to make fun of me too much: I have a closet in my room (which is AWESOME), but it is not very big which means it needs to be very organized! Soo, probably my favorite accomplishment from the other day in my room was this:

Organized construction paper!

Don't Judge me. Toooo much anyway. 

Seriously, the construction paper was aaaalll over the closet - taking up WAY MORE than its share of shelf space. Now it is neatly placed in 3 lovely stacks and I can fit other things in the closet! It's okay if you cheer with me here... I was pretty excited!

We won't talk about the fact that I later realized my shelves are sagging and one of the lovely maintenance workers told me I need to flip my shelves over (which means pulling everything off, flipping the shelves, and then putting everything back on) .... I decided that could wait a few days.

Sooo, yes. I am incredibly excited to see my classroom coming together. And yes, my crate seats DO look awesome in my room. I promise more pictures later when I get a few more stacks of things put away!! 



2 comments:

  1. This is very exciting!!! John informed me a week or so ago that I need to flip all of my kitchen shelves over. It has been waiting for me cause I don't want to do it.
    Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not make fun at all Katie. I was thrilled to find out I'm being moved from one small closet to a slightly larger closet for my tag classroom! I can't wait to get going on it next week! Congrats by the way!

    ReplyDelete