Thursday, July 7, 2022

For Such A Time As This

 I was once told that when there is a boom of baby boys being born it may be because that country is going to need soldiers for war. I don't know if there is any research to back that up - but it is interesting to think about.

I will tell you firmly and loudly that God always has a plan - a plan He is always in control of - so baby boys at war time is something I could easily be convinced is true.

If that is true ... I want to know what a boom of strong willed children indicates. You know the type ... Stubborn enough to drive a momma crazy. Independent enough to try it on their own about 3 sighs worth of times before they ask for help. Bossy enough to make you roll your eyes occasionally. Daring enough to make your stomach drop. What are they here for?

As best I can tell, they are here "for such a time as this".

I read the story of Esther this morning and, as it often does, Ester 4:14 jumped out at me. It reads "For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise from the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"

Esther had some big decisions in front of her - and her trusted advisor prompted her with those words. 

Who knows if you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

Who knows if I have? Who knows if my daughters have?

God does. God knows.

I don't know what the world looks like over the next generations lifetime ... but I'm confident my strong willed kiddos are going to need every bit of that strong will. They are going to need to stand firm and stubborn. They are going to need to be independent enough to strike out - even on their own if they have to. They are going to need those leadership skills to take charge. And a little dash of daring is probably going to go a long way.

I don't know what God has planned - but I know these strong willed kids are here for it. They are in this world for such a time as this.

And my role? I'm here for such a time as this, too. I'm here to raise them so that they can stand - for God and for one another -  in these times and the ones to come. 

No pressure. 

I need to tailor the strong will to be for God's will, the stubborn for standing firm and grounded, the bossy for leadership, and the daring for Godly confidence and bravery. 

They are here for such a time as this .... and whatever their time brings them, I want them to be able to step up, make the hard choices, and face life head on. 

Because they - like you - were born, for such a time as this.



No comments:

Post a Comment