Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pray Out Loud


Read this story. And let it move you to think deeply.

I don't want to discuss angles with you, or even miracles, or "stranger priests", or coincidences, or luck ... at least I don't want to discuss those things right now. 

Here is what I want to tell you:

This story brought tears to my eyes and a prayer of thanks to my lips. Because it reminded me that God works - in our lives - on a daily basis. Because it reminded me to be thankful for each safe trip to and from Jefferson City (and all my safe trips to and from anywhere for that matter). Because it made me thrilled for parents who weren't separated for their too young daughter. Because it made me think of God. And made me (and probably more people) thank God. Because it made me examine my faith.

Because it made me wonder: would I be saying "Pray with me and pray out loud" ... or would I be crying, or screaming? 

You can never know how you will actually respond to a situation until you are IN that situation. And sometimes even then I am not sure you realize how you are reacting until after the fact. 

I'd say this young lady reacted well. I'm sure she touched many peoples hearts with her simple, yet strength filled words. Could I say them in a moment like that? Is my faith that strong, my whole mind that reliant on God? Is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment