Thursday, August 15, 2013

I should...

I should be working on school stuff. Studying and processing our new writing curriculum. Prepping to give a writing assessment tomorrow. Reviewing the reading lessons I will start teaching. Tweaking my seating arrangement (there are a few cases where that is a definite necessity). Lesson planning (you know, past tomorrow).

I should be cleaning my house. Doing dishes. And laundry. And someone (anyone!) is seriously going to have to sweep the floor.

I should be writing a better, deeper blog-post than this one :s.

I should be doing a lot of things. But instead I'm laying on the couch. Because I'm exhausted. But it's the same kind of exhausted I am after a trip to 6 flags or the river for the day. Or the way you feel when you get back form a great vacation. It's a fulfilled kind of exhausted. A 'too much fun' kind of exhausted. It's a 'my class was awesome today and we had a blast and I really do work at a great school' kind of exhausted. And also a 'my other two classes are going to keep me busy busy busy and I am 50% terrified and 90% excited and 100% determined we will make progress quickly' kind of exhausted. And an 'I didn't sleep last night because I was to filled with anticipation' kind of exhausted.

I should be thankful. Thankful that I am only exhausted because I got to spend the day doing what I love. Thankful that I have  job, period. Thankful that my kiddos are sweet and fun and ready to learn. Thankful that I have great coworkers. Thankful for another day full of opportunities.

I should do a lot of things -- not the leas of which is say a prayer and go to bed. And so that, my friends, is exactly what I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment