Friday, December 28, 2012

Break!

I always think when I get a break I will write more. I will think more. I will sit at my computer more.

Ha! Jokes on me!

I did sit in the hospital more. Rob's mom had some high blood pressure and high sugar issues that she spent a couple of days in the hospital getting checked out. All is well now and the numbers are being controlled (or at least closer to controlled) by new medicines which is splendid. But what a way to start a break! Whoo!

I did eat more. Like lots more. Woops! Guess January will need to bring a better diet and hopefully an exercise plan my way!

I did pack more. We plan on closing on our house on Jan 18th and moving at the end of January, so I wanted to get as much packing as possible done while I was on break. Which is great ... except for the 2 rooms of my house that are now filled with boxes. I like a clean, organized, not cluttered house ... this move can't get here soon enough!


I have loved more. Nothing makes me happier than time with family (young and old). 

My Great Uncle and Grandpa have always been exactly the same my entire life. They would jump over fences while working the cattle, lay in the floor to play with the grandkids ... I don't think they changed a bit for the first 18 years of my life! Then, suddenly, I realized how frail they are! Grandpa was diagnosed with Parkinsons disease and it has really taken a toll on him. Uncle Jim is really showing his age. It really makes you cherish every day with them!


Same, Rebecca, and Isaac needed a 4th for an intense game of laser tag. They quickly found out I am out of shape and probably don't make the best team member ... but we had a lot of fun anyway! (the head gear was really painfully tight on me!)



We also played some great games with cousins I don't get to see nearly enough! Trying to open a present with oven mits on? Priceless!!




So ... I could talk about everything way, WAY more. I could write you pages and pages. But honestly, I have more packing to do. And a house that needs cleaned. 

And I should probably at least THINK about school again between now and the first day back ... a day that I am not, nor will I be, ready for by the way!

So, here we go - the last few days of break. Hope you had a Merry Christmas -- and hope you have a wonderfully Happy New Year! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment