Thursday, November 29, 2012

Exciting Happenings

        I should have gone to Wal*Mart tonight. I had every intention of going up right after school. Really. But I didn't. I didn't even do laundry or dishes or clean house ... woops! Nope, instead, I came home and took a nap. An hour and half nap people! And then my (oh so wonderful) hubby cooked dinner. And the dirty dishes are still sitting around my sink ... and I'm sitting here. Blogging. And I am soo okay with it.
     
                                                            I am exhausted.
       
         But it's a good kind of exhausted. You know, the kind that comes from having to much excitement. And I think I am on excitement overload. This week at school we flexed. It is a ton of work. I don't know how it is all going to go yet. We're still playing with our schedule we're still shuffling kids. If I'm being honest, on Monday I was ready to scrap the whole thing. But then Tuesday was better. And Wednesday was great. And today was PLC's....

         It is going to be an adjustment for me. I have ran a pretty structured classroom. I'm all for talking and cooperative learning, but I also like some structured quiet time where we work independently. There is suddenly a whole lot less independent work time happening in my classroom. Having another adult in the room means an extra noise level because we both pull groups (more kids talking) and we both run a group (and adult voices are loud). Angie and I work great together (or at least I think so) and I adore her! But we do have somewhat different styles and we are working to "marry" those. 

         It's a challenge. I love it. I love that it is WORKING. I love that the kids seem excited about the project we are starting. I'm excited that we are trying to find out what works best for kids.

         But, no matter how much I love school and adore my kiddos ... I am perhaps (okay, I AM) more excited about this next part: 
                                                We have a contract on a house!!
          I am so in love with the house - it's huge! It's just out of city limits and sits on 2 acres of mostly woods - it's close to town but secluded and lovely. And I am so excited! It will be fun to have a yard to work in, some small "fix-it-up" projects to do. And our own house!!!!! Today the termite inspection came back clean and wonderful. The house inspection also happened today so hopefully we will get the inspectors typed up report tomorrow or Saturday. I know there could still be glitches - things could even still fall through. But we are so hopeful and excited and thankful.

 .....and all of this makes me sleep a little less well at night, so therefore I must nap. Ha!

                                                What are YOU excited about?!

No comments:

Post a Comment