Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Yertle the Turtle

 


     Our school librarian sent out a page of questions about books to answer. If a class answers all the questions correctly you win a free book from the book fair we have going on this week. Soo, we were working on them yesterday. One of the questisons was "What turtle wanted to be king of all he could see?" (or something similar to that). Do you know the answer?

My kids didn't!! They didn't know Yertle the Turtle! This Dr. Seuss, people! It's like the building blocks of education!! ...okay, so that may be a *slight* exaggeration ... but I still couldn't believe it! So, we stopped everything and watched this:


 

...which, of course, is when another teacher (my mentor teacher) walked in ... go figure!  Ha! I told her this was some seriouse RTI  --- they didn't know something, I'm teaching it to them! :) Because, yes, Dr. Seuss IS that important! =)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment