Thursday, October 21, 2021

Partners

Sometimes he folds the towels "wrong" and claims not to know where the girls clothes go and sometimes I drive him crazy by stuffing the trash can too full instead of just emptying it and ordering too many packages from Amazon.

But sometimes?

Sometimes he cuts wood with the help of one kiddo, and I put my grades in while the other kiddo reads to me. 

Sometimes he washes the dishes while I drop off kids at daycare. 

Sometimes he starts kid bath time while I pick up the living room. 

Sometimes he orders a pizza while I finish a project ... and kid bedtime sure is easier when we tag team. 

One Wednesday I wasn't feeling well and he took the girls to church. One Wednesday he worked late and the girls and I headed out without him.

Some days - and weeks - he carries the weight because I'm stressed or sick or tired. Other times I carry the load because work and commitments keep him busy. 

Sometimes we have misunderstandings and argue. Sometimes we read each others mind without a word. 

We are never fully perfect. But we are always full partners ... And I am SO thankful for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment