Thursday, October 29, 2020

Peace-bringing Perspective

There are toooo many things to do. 

There are dishes.
There is laundry.
The floor needs swept.
The counters need wiped.
Dusting. Sweeping. Mopping.
The leaves need raked.
The porch needs swept.
We need groceries.
We need to visit the feed store.
I should lesson plan.
There is some paper work.
Bible class needs planned.
The girls church bags need reset for Sunday.
I should probably cook an actual meal sometime.
The girls clothes need played out for next week.
The dogs need baths.
The kids need baths.
The girls want to play. 
There are people I should reach out to.
There are situations I should try to resolve.

Should I go on? Im sure I could.

If I wanted to be stressed, I could be ... but I refuse to dwell there. 

I made progress on my lesson planning. 
I made copies.
I made great contacts with parents.
I played with the girls. 
A load of laundry only needs put away.
The bathrooms are wiped down.
Everyone is fed and happy. 
I have a wonderful support system that saw my girls and I through the week.
We have fun plans for the weekend.

In-between fun moments, I'll put away the dishes and wipe down the counters. The girls will help me dust. A trip to the feed store, we all enjoy. Groceries will be gotten. Laying out clothes only takes a few minutes.

Things will get done. A little at a time, in-between playing baby dolls and helping with art projects, in-between family moments, step by step. Some things will be done, and then need done again, like leaves and laundry and dishes ... And the. They will get done again. 

When I focus on the positives, when I focus on our joy and my priorities, the rest falls back into it's place. 

There is always something I "should" be doing. 
There is also always something that can wait. 

Perspective and priority = peace. Things aren't perfect, but there are near perfect things. 

Enjoy the weekend. Breath. Life is happy and good and blessed. 

It doesn't take away the to do list, but it does minimize the stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment