Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Designing Joyful Spaces

I am not a decorator by the furthest stretch of the imagination, but I've recently set on a mission to create some peaceful spots around my house. I do not mind that a large portion of our rooms are "kidified" but I needed some adult spaces - some spaces where I can look to refresh myself. Having always loved quotes, I fell in love with this chalkboard. The front view reminds me to hold on to my joy for it comes from the Lord ... And the back reminds me of whatever I decide it needs to ... This week that is to practice patience, because, well, kids. 😉


Being home full time is a mental adjustment I make each summer (and now, for these 3 weeks+). I love my girls and am thankful for extra moments and memories with them, but we all have to adjust to decreased social interaction and a change in routine. Lydia misses school, her friends, and her teacher. Raina is potty training and the girls are learning how to play with each other in this new stage (5 and 2 year olds play somewhat differently....) Apparently, I had forgotten how many messes and dirty dishes can be created in a full day at home. The mud + dogs + kids + outside animals = a constant sweeping of floors. None of it is bad in any way - but it IS a change from our norm. With change and adjustment comes a need for patience and a need for reminders of joy.♥️

Last week we were a bit emotional and floundering. We lacked routine and it wasn't pretty. This week the girls may still rock their pajamas more than usual, but we are finding our joy deeper from the Lord and embracing one another and our extra time. 

Psalm 28:7 - "The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him."


No comments:

Post a Comment