Saturday, March 28, 2020

All That Is Gold Doesn't Glitter

Ready or not, for worse or for better, most of us have a bit of extra time on our hands right now. Time with our spouses, time with our children, time with our home, and time with ourselves. As I strove this week to create spring break memories that involved our own back yard (and some borrowed family woods), each other, our home, and lots of play time,  I was reminded of this quote from The Fellowship Of The Ring:

 “All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.”

This week, and in the ones to come where I am being blessed with extra time with my girls, I pray that I can help them see the wonderful golden moments that don't always glitter and shine. That I can allow them - and help them - wonder and wander their way to new and exciting findings. That I can remind them of the beauty and strength in our tried and true loves, traditions, and family. And, that I can help cultivate for them, with them, and in them, a deep root system of love and family and God. 

There's nothing glittery about all the mud we've tracked in the house, but we've had many golden moments finding the mud. 


My forest guide has done a lot of wandering but always found the way back to the house (and the amount of a 5 year olds wonders  is real too 😳).


We're loving on each other and making good ole' fashioned family fun memories. 


And the root system? Well, I'd say it's growing stronger by the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment