Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Snow Day Rambles

I absolutely L-O-V-E snow days. There is just something about the unplanned (and therefor unbusied) day and the fact that you can't go anywhere any way that makes the day seem so marvelously relaxing. My absolute favorite part of these kind of days are the sssllloooowww mornings.

I am pretty sure that being rushed in the morning is one of the most terrible things in the world. I think it sets a unhappy tone for the whole day. Seriously drives me crazy ... to the point that I generally wake up about 30 minutes early so I can spend down time playing fetch with the dog, drinking coffee, or changing outfits 5 times ... you know, depending on the day...

But on snow days I don't have to get up early. I get to sleep in. And then, when the dog can't stand it any longer and just has to get up to go outside, I get to laugh at the cold and go back inside for a cup of coffee.

I love that I can sit and watch the news and drink coffee and start some laundry, maybe do a few dishes ... and then drink another cup of coffee. I love that (since I can't get my car out to go anywhere anyway) "getting ready for the day" becomes pulling my hair up and and putting on some sweat pants. I love that I get to actually make breakfast .. you know, more than just cheerios and peanut butter. I love that I get to sit and read my Bible. I love that I get to watch the snow out the window. I love that I get to just be in the quiet of morning. Well, if you can call the dog chasing the cat (who got promoted to house cat for a couple of days to escape the cold) and the bird screeching at the racket (and out of nerves thanks to the kitty cat...) quiet. But, lets be honest ... that's my kind of quiet.

I keep hearing people say how they are going stir crazy ... and I just don't get it! I could do this whole cooking 3 meals a day, watching the news a couple of times, cuddling with my cat and dog, walking in the beautiful snow, and playing games with my hubby thing all. the. time. And be perfectly happy doing it. Does that make me like 90 years old?

So, I guess what I'm saying is that if more of this beautiful stuff

means more of this beautiful stuff ....


then I am aaalll for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment