Thursday, May 2, 2013

Birthday Blessings

I generally feel pretty special all the time - and I mean that in a totally not conceited way ... ha! - but seriously, there is something about birthdays that makes you feel extra, extra special. It's a good thing mine only comes around once a year, or my head might start gaining sizes fairly quickly ... ;)

But seriously, while I am blessed beyond measure every single day, on days like to today I am reminded just how especially lucky I am!

*I spent my day at my job that I honestly love, love, love. My morning started with one of my sweet kiddos bringing me some Dr. Pepper bottles and chocolate (because he, and his momma, know me so well!) seriously -- best teacher gift yet! Sooo, I opened a Dr. Pepper and it promptly spewed all over my desk, floor, and self ... which my kids got a great laugh out of. And they do have wonderful laughs.

*After finishing our testing, we walked to the park to celebrate and got to enjoy the beautiful weather ... before it turned rainy!

*My sweet kiddos serenaded me, spontaneously, at lunch with the best sounding Happy Birthday song I've heard yet ... 'cause they are awesome.

*My wonderful coworkers, and more importantly my dear friends, provided cheesecake (yum!), a gorgeous flower arrangement, good company, and even a "congrats on finishing MAP testing! gift". They are beyond fantastic.

*My hubby spoiled me with a new phone ... that I am in love with.

*I fielded like 5 billion happy birthday phone calls, texts, and facebook messages ... very humbling to see how many people thought of me for a moment!

*AND was bombarded with hugs at church - where I also got to hear a wonderful sermon and participate in some uplifting singing!

My day was awesome. I can not express how thankful and blessed I am to have such wonderful friends and family that surround me with love and encouragement each and every day, not just on my b-day. :)

One dear friend wished me (via facebook) "so many blessings you can't keep track" ... and I sure got them =)

No comments:

Post a Comment