Friday, October 19, 2012

crazy week

       I really had every intention of writing on this blog regularly ... silly me! =) Guess you'll have to be content with a random word every now and then!

        School really IS going well. I have a (mostly) fantastic class. Of course, we have our moments of being less than awesome, but for the most part, the rock!  I am loving watching them become better readers and writers as well as better group members, friends, and people. They are all so unique and funny and smart in their own way, it is a blast getting to know them!
 
        This particular week was doomed to be crazy as it was my first experience with parent teacher conferences. I only had a couple that I was "worried about", and they both went splendidly. In fact, Monday and Tuesday's conferences were easy-peasy. Then, Tuesday as I was leaving school my sister called to tell me dad had called the ambulance for himself and thought he might be having a heart attack. Eek! Dad has a lot of "health problems" - asthma  past heart issues, hypothyroidism, tracheomalacia, all kinds of things. So we don't mess around with his health. Robbie and I met everyone at the Rolla hospital (and waited and waited). Dad seemed fine and the Rolla people didn't find anything wrong as far as they could tell, but since the Nitro he took had eased the pressure and he has a history (his own personal and his family) of heart problems, they sent him on to Springfield for more testing. Mom and I followed the ambulance up and got to Springfield about 12:30 AM. We spent Tuesday night and Wednesday night sleeping in the most comfortable chairs the hospital had to offer.....yeah.....

       Everything checked out okay with dad - he had a follow up appointment with his normal doc today and they are exploring some options like esophagus spasms that could cause 'heart attack like' symptoms. I am super blessed to teach with a wonderful team of teachers who, without second thought, made sure sub plans made it onto my desk Wednesday and Thursday AND covered my parent teacher conferences for me as well as doing their own. Simply amazing. I left early Thursday morning to get back to STJ and take a brief nap before doing my last 9 conferences Thursday night (Heather drove up to get mom and dad home once dad was released).

       So, nothing but blessings this week really ... but I am very tired! ha! So, I was thankful for today off and a husband who left for work quietly so I could sleep in =). Now its a relaxing night of Cardinal's game watching, and (if I get motivated), some lesson planning.

       Thanks for everyone who prayed for daddy while we were unsure what was going on, and for all the texts, calls, and offers for help! We are blessed to have a wonderful support system of friends and family and were lucky to have wonderful doctors and nurses along the way, too! Even in scary moments, God never ceases to amaze me -- He is so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment