Saturday, August 4, 2012

Crazytown

It has begun! Thursday and Friday I spent my days in meetings - and Monday and Tuesday will be more of the same! My new teacher brain is suffering from a *bit* of overload -- but I'm sure it could be worse....

I am, of course, loving every minute of it. Even the crazy "oh my goodness I don't know what I'm doing" moments like yesterday when I was meeting with a few other teachers and I said "Okay, someone please tell me you feel as lost as I do right now. Even if you have to lie to me ... seriously". Sometimes you just need to hear that you aren't crazy, that other people are still figuring things out too! I am soo blessed to have two other ladies teaching 4th grade comm arts with me that  have tons of knowledge experience! annnndd it helps that they are super sweet and awesome and willing to help me :).

Tuesday night is open house, and that is *honestly* the only part I'm really "nervous" about. I can handle kids - they don't scare me. But parents? eek! Just a bit intimidating! Poor Robbie has only witnessed one or two "freak out" moments when things weren't working right. Thankfully he is a technology genius and has been able to work through all my technology bobbles and get everything running smoothly for me. Love him.

Today we did things like wal*mart (blech!) and Aldies (which was insanely busy...). I knew today (Saturday AND tax holiday) would not be a fun time to be in Rolla (and it definitely wasn't), BUT it is so nice to have our shopping done for a while! And when we got home I cleaned house (as soon as I get the sheets out of the dryer and back on the bed I'll be DONE). NOW I can focus on school and just "keep up" at home till I get in the school routine - and THAT is a very good feeling.

So, this post was incredibly random and rambley (my bad) ... So, I'll end it random too:
Look who has been hanging out in the "house" the last couple of days ... uh, anybody want a java finch if we end up with babies?! (that would be my luck....) ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment