Sunday, June 17, 2012

Daddy's Day

I have been blessed beyond belief with the best Daddy in the world. A daddy who ran a christian household and taught me all about God and the Bible. A daddy who was always there for me with a hug and a shoulder to lean on. A daddy who supported my interests and became as involved as I needed him to be - like being the president of band boosters throughout my high school career and coaching countless softball and basketball teams). A daddy who drove me anywhere I needed to go, taught me how to drive, and *still* takes care of my car. A daddy who I could always run home to - no matter what. He has taught me more than I can tell you. He has shown me many, many things. He loves my husband like he is his own son. He is the greatest.

I also have a splendid Grandfather -- he is strong, soft spoken, and wise. He taught me to ride a horse and bought me my first pony! He is the pillar of our family and because of he and my grandma I a wonderful mother, aunts, and uncles. He is one of the most godly men I know.

Then there are Uncle Jim and Uncle Bob - two wonderful great-uncles who have been like extra grandparents to me. I have spent many years playing on the floor with them, showing off for them, visiting with them, and watching them. They are amazing.

When I got married *almost* a year ago, I was blessed with a wonderful father-in-law. He is a great man who would do anything for Rob and I. He is fun to be around and an outstanding gardener! He keeps us in supply of fresh veggies - and that is the least of what he does for us! :)

Someday I know Robbie will make a great father too! But until then, I am thankful for the abundance of father figures I have in my life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment