Tuesday, September 29, 2020

The Prayer Of A Child

My girls are always inspiring me to be more and better. Lately I've been loving listening to them (and Emma and Connor) pray. And, oh, how I'm striving to pray like a child. 

To be excited enough to exclaim "I want to!" evey time praying is mentioned.

To always pray for the things I'm thankful for such as "my daddy got off work" and "everyone feels better now" and sometimes even "Thankyou for my Nana, Papa, Mommy, Daddy, Grandma Betty, Grandpa Pail, Grandma Pat etc....". 

To always be bettering my prayers by paying attention to those around me who pray and the Godly things that are talked about and incorporate them into my prayers as I grow.

And, to always pray, even when I don't know  exactly what to say. Because goodness knows the simple statement of "help my friends and help our days" is as powerful an utterance as anything I can think to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment