Monday, May 4, 2020

Teacher Appreciation

Teacher appreciation week is special because teachers are special. Thank you to the ones who taught and modled me, the ones who are impacting my girls lives, and the ones who work with me every day.

It's not always an easy gig, but it is always a worthwhile gig, and I love it even on the hard days. 

I sure am thankful for those teachers whose examples I've had (and still have!) to learn from -  the ones who show its possible to carry the world with grace and a smile that I can only hope to be half as good as. ♥️

             Teacher 
A thousand decisions to make
With only what you know
A million dreams at stake
Yet limited power you hold.

Countless knowledge to impart
To only few ears that hear
They often don't do as you say
And yet you hold every one dear.

Constant chaos thrown your way
Ofen without any thought
Your reactions keep guarded and tame
Though with exaution your wrought.

Worth every penny and effort
To see smiles you'll cherish for years
Showing that as they grow and change
Their triumphs you'll always cheer.

A noble profession your told
Though you rarely feel like royalty
You love through the highs and the lows,
And push all to their best inbetween. 

No comments:

Post a Comment