Friday, December 29, 2017

Looking Back

Today I was looking at my phone and noticed my Blogger app ... I opened it up and realized I haven't blogged for over a year. Woops.

Since it's almost New Years, I looked back at this blog post I had written a couple of years ago when Lydia was little bitty ... and I realized, not much has changed.

Being Mommy is still my favorite. Even when "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" is yelled over and over again while I'm washing dishes or when I refold the same shirt 6 times because my 2 year old is helping fold the laundry...

Now the joys are multiplied by 2 and I get to watch my "big one" love on and cuddle my "little one" ... and I'm loving the baby snuggles AND the fact that Raina is a much better sleeper than Lydia ever was.

There are still things I am way  more awesome at than I was before I was a Momma ... mentally playing out each possible scenario in an effort to out think and out plan my 2 year old being one of my new super powers. And there are still things I'm working on - like remembering to take time for my own personal Bible study when I am awake enough to get something out of it.

There are wonderful moments like when Lydia declares "Mommy, God made Raina special just for us!" and moments that leave me searching for the right words like when Lydia asked "Mommy, did God make my bathtub, too? And did He build my house?" Moments that make me giggle and moments that leave me exasperated and exhausted.

And in all of these moments - both the blog worthy and the not so blog worthy - I am reminded of how blessed I am to be here, being Mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment