Monday, March 10, 2014

Thought Overload

I promise I have a lot of wonderful thoughts rolling around in my head ... the problem is they are all crashing together and there is just too many to think through right now! So here is a quick recap of the last little while ... and a promise for a better blog post soon!

*A couple weeks ago we got a new puppy. He is adorable. I'm in love. His paws are huge. I'm terrified to see how big he'll get and how much he'll shed. 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 bird ... our house is a zoo.


**Friday evening I took the dogs for a walk ... Sophie was attacked by our neighbor's bull mastiff. Talk about terrible. I felt to helpless and terrified! Thankfully another neighbor came and helped chase the dog away. She has lots of terrible looking places on her bottom and back legs ... it is just plain pitiful, that's for sure! Now we have a sad, sore puppy with lots of staples and stitches and sore spots! :( No fun. The hardest part is trying to keep the two dogs separated so Sophie will stay calm enough not to hurt anything more! Hopefully she will continue to heal up nicely and we'll be back to normal before long....


***I started a new class this week -- one step closer to my MET (Masters in Educational Technology). This summer I'm looking at 3 courses (9 hours), then 6 hrs in the fall and 6 in the spring, and we'll graduate with our masters in May! So, this summers plans have changed from a relaxing couple of months with an awesome family vacation, to a month of summer school and taking 3 classes and an awesome family vacation. Oh, how I longed to be an adult ... and here we are ... haha. I started a blog for my new course, so if you are bored and need another blog to follow, here you go! ;) Fantabulous Fourth.

****School is as crazy as ever. 'Tis the season for test prep and testing. It's not my favorite part of teaching, but it is a necessary part. And, the kids are working hard and doing great things, so I won't complain too much!

*****There is so much to pray for ... not the least of which is that a dear friend of ours mother is in the final stages of her fight with cancer. People go through so much - so we lift them up with love and prayer.

******I have been thinking a lot about strength. What is true strength? Strength of character? Physical strength? Strong faith? Consistency? Endurance? I know I have a ton of strong people in my life - and they are all strong in their own way. Maybe I'll write a post about it soon. ;)

I hope your life is going splendidly! 


No comments:

Post a Comment