Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Flying By

Summer is wonderful ... and unfortunately much to close to being over! And I haven't even blogged about much of it! eek!

Seriously, it never ceases to amaze me how time flies by. And while I absolutely LOVE to blog and reflect on things -- lately it seems we have just been hurrying on to the next thing and the next!

Mom and dad hosted a wedding for a sweet couple at church, which meant LOTS of yard and housework -- so I've spent a lot of time out there helping. And it turned out BEAUTIFUL.
What a beautiful day! and Yard! ;) And people! 
I may have mentioned this before, but I am pretty in awe of my parents! :)

We've also been plugging away in our own yard - the people that built the house had done a ton of beautiful landscaping, but after living through several years of renters, there is lots of "reclaiming" to do! I had big plans to get it all accomplished this summer, but quickly realized the yard will be an ongoing project. Which is totally fine as long as we keep going! :). This is one of my favorite things we've done (just finished thanks to my wonderful hubby last night)! We can't wait to have people over to enjoy it with us! :)
I think I am so excited about this because I have soo many memories of gathering around the campfire at my parents house! 
I've also been a little busy spoiling one sweet little puppy! I sure was amazed when I took her to get groomed and then picked her up looking totally different....

But she is still the most adorable thing ever! =)

ANNNDD yesterday was also our two year anniversary! Can you believe THAT? 2 years and a house together later, we sure are learning a lot about one another! He's watched me through student teaching, my first year teaching, buying a house, moving, and lots of yard projects ... and he hasn't given up on my yet! So we must be doing okay ;). 


No comments:

Post a Comment